cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject RE: customising the ROOT disk
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 23:05:27 GMT
On 15.02.2013 20:22, Clayton Weise wrote:
> The size of the root disk is set based on the template, and it can't
> be changed.  This has to do with the fact that new root volumes
> created from a template are actually created as a writable snapshot of
> the template.  This is done to save space and also to create the VM
> faster, but the penalty is that all instances created from a template
> share the same size root volume.

I understand, but I'm not convinced this makes very much sense with
today's hardware and with the tradeoff of probably multiplying the
number of templates I would need to maintain and other disadvantages
that don't come to mind a.t.m.
Is this likely to change in future releases?

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro