cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Clayton Weise <cwe...@iswest.net>
Subject RE: CloudStack fails to start System VMs on XenServer: error:
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 23:07:49 GMT
If that primary storage repo is in the avoid set the question is _why_ it's there.  If you
restart the management service this should clear the avoid set and you'll see the first time
it errors out it should be more verbose (or if you're willing you can hunt through the logs
for the first time it tried to launch the system VMs but restarting and watching is probably
faster).

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Sykes [mailto:stephen.sykes@4js.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:00 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: CloudStack fails to start System VMs on XenServer: error:

We've got Cloudstack 3.0.2 running against XenServer 6.0.2 and are failing
to get  a zone set up.  The issue is that CloudStack System VMS (console
proxy and
secondary storage VM) are not starting, and trolling the management log
shows the likely error to be that the primary storage pool in the zone
is not used (when looking for an appropriate server to run the system VM);
it is noted in the log as "StoragePool is in avoid set, skipping this pool".

The documentation on setting up CloudStack physical networks in the zone (the
specification of the public, guest, management and storage traffic) is sparse,
to say the least; we've seen some forums indicated we need to set the traffic
setting "XenServer traffic label" (CloudStack Zone Physical Network setup)
so they match the XenServer network names and have done so, but there
appears to be some magic set of rules we don't understand.

Anyone have a specific and clear set of  rules for setting the network mappings
up?

Anyone have any idea for this issue?

Thanks -

Stephen