cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Asmita Vagyani <Asmita.Vagy...@sigma-systems.com>
Subject Cloudstack S3 (Simple Storage Service) Support
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 06:39:47 GMT
Hi all,

I've been doing some reading  there are definitely implementation that make use of Cloudstack
and provide a Storage Instance type server.

Essentially we want the same type of service as the Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service).

Cloudstack has an S3 interface though it is not enabled by default (need to change Global
Setting): https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/s3-api-in-cloudstack.html

Even though Cloudstack supports the S3 API , do we still need a storage implementation - like
CAStor, or Cloudian, or GlusterFS?

Still not clear to me if we configure anything in the Cloudstack Manager to enable this or
if it is just enabling the S3 API and implementing the storage layer?

Please clarify.

Thanks and Regards.

Asmita Patil Vagyani.

Tech Lead,  Sigma Software Solutions, Pune,

T: +91-20-25661992 / 93 / 94. Extn. : 286