cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Asmita Vagyani <Asmita.Vagy...@sigma-systems.com>
Subject CS User and Instance association
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 05:50:26 GMT
Hi all,

I have a doubt.
The functionality of my application is :
There will be lots of companies approaching my application to create VMs for its employees.

I have created one account for one company on CS4.
And the company can have many employees, so is my account having many users added for each
employee.
Is there any way in CS4 to associate a VM instance for a particular user inside the same account?
I mean one account will have many VMs created, each VM assigned to a unique user, basically
1:1 association betwn user:VM.

While creating a VM(deployVirtualMachine) I cannot pass the userId in that to say only user
with userId "**" can use this vm.
I can pass only the account with domain name, what does this indicate , what is the relation
of vm with account?
Does that mean all users belonging to that account and domain can use this vm.

Thanks and Regards.

Asmita Patil Vagyani.