cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Asmita Vagyani <Asmita.Vagy...@sigma-systems.com>
Subject RE: CloudStack Installation Query
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 14:12:33 GMT
Yes, I get you Geoff.
I was able to install the management server after unmounting the nfs drive.

My new  problem is I am not able to login to the client using the console.
Default password is admin/password. But it's not working for me.

Is there any place where it can be specified, I mean is it mapped to My SQL user name/pwd
or root user?
Any clue?

Thanks and Regards.

Asmita Patil Vagyani.
Tech Lead,  Sigma Software Solutions, Pune,
T: +91-20-25661992 / 93 / 94. Extn. : 286

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Higginbottom [mailto:geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com]
Sent: 03 January 2013 PM 07:22
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: CloudStack Installation Query

Hi Asmita,

You don't have to, but its best practice to do so.

When you deploy a new Zone, the first thing that happens is that the System VM Template, which
you will have seeded to Secondary Storage is used to deploy the SSVM and CPVM, the SSVM then
connects to the Internet and downloads an example Template and places it on secondary storage.

All the above happens automatically as long as the configuration of the Compute, Storage and
Networking Layers is correct, and seeing it happen is a great sanity check that everything
is configured correctly.

Skipping configuring the Secondary Storage, and seeding it with the appropriate System VM
Templates for your chosen Hypervisors will not break anything, and it can be added later,
but as you have to do it at some point, you might as well do it at the beginning.

Regards

Geoff

Is it a mandate that we have to configure/mount a secondary storage nfs server before cloudstack
management server installation?