cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Tamas Monos <tam...@veber.co.uk>
Subject RE: Reimage Instance
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 21:08:58 GMT
Hi,

I'm using advanced vlan isolated networking with dhcp.
For me the internal IPs do not matter as the public IP belongs to the account and the virtual
router will sort out the rest.

Via the GUI you cannot preserve IPs but manually via the database you can change what IP belongs
to what VM.

My recovery procedure is to deploy a brand new VM, re-attach the data volume to it and update
the firewall/static-nat rules if any to the new VM.

Regards

From: Trevor Francis [mailto:trevor.francis@tgrahamcapital.com]
Sent: 04 January 2013 20:51
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Reimage Instance

How do you preserve hostname and IP address if you want to spin a box up from scratch again....assuming
you are using advanced networking and dhcp?

Trevor Francis
Partner
46 Labs | PeerEdge Cloud Switch (PeCS)
http://www.46labs.com | http://www.peeredge.net
720-214-3643- Voice
trevor@46labs.com<mailto:trevor@46labs.com>

Solutions Provider for the Telecom Industry

[cid:image001.jpg@01CDEABF.B5AA1C50] [cid:image002.jpg@01CDEABF.B5AA1C50]

On Jan 4, 2013, at 2:46 PM, Tamas Monos <tamasm@veber.co.uk<mailto:tamasm@veber.co.uk>>