cloudstack-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From linuxsupport <lin.supp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack 4 - Templates
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:31:07 GMT
It seems there is problem with NFS permission , can you check
/var/log/message, I had same problem that came out to be domain mapping
problem

domain part of FQDN of NFS server and Host (Xen/KVM/VMware machine) should
be same.

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Asmita Vagyani <
Asmita.Vagyani@sigma-systems.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Need your support for figuring out the problem, this issue has hijacked
> our work.
>
> I found that internally for starting the system VM, management server
> tries to create templates.
> I am not able to see the default templates in the list of templates.
>
> Logs show:
>
> 2013-01-11 05:23:16,018 INFO  [vmware.manager.VmwareStorageManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-14:torvms04lx.sigmasys.net) Executing
> copyTemplateFromSecondaryToPrimary. secondaryStorage: nfs://
> 10.0.110.12/data/cloudstack/secondary, templatePathAtSecondaryStorage:
> template/tmpl/1/8/, templateName: routing-8
> 2013-01-11 05:23:16,019 DEBUG [vmware.manager.VmwareManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-14:torvms04lx.sigmasys.net) Executing: sudo mount -t nfs
> 10.0.110.12:/data/cloudstack/secondary
> /var/lib/cloud/management/mnt/VM/345051758635.37d8c841
> 2013-01-11 05:23:16,147 DEBUG [vmware.manager.VmwareManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-14:torvms04lx.sigmasys.net) Execution is successful.
> 2013-01-11 05:23:16,148 DEBUG [vmware.manager.VmwareManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-14:torvms04lx.sigmasys.net) Executing: sudo chmod 777
> /var/lib/cloud/management/mnt/VM/345051758635.37d8c841
> 2013-01-11 05:23:16,192 DEBUG [vmware.manager.VmwareManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-14:torvms04lx.sigmasys.net) Exit value is 1
> 2013-01-11 05:23:16,192 DEBUG [vmware.manager.VmwareManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-14:torvms04lx.sigmasys.net) chmod: changing permissions of
> `/var/lib/cloud/management/mnt/VM/345051758635.37d8c841': Operation not
> permitted
> 2013-01-11 05:23:16,193 WARN  [vmware.manager.VmwareManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-14:torvms04lx.sigmasys.net) Unable to set permissions for
> /var/lib/cloud/management/mnt/VM/345051758635.37d8c841 due to chmod:
> changing permissions of
> `/var/lib/cloud/management/mnt/VM/345051758635.37d8c841': Operation not
> permitted
> 2013-01-11 05:23:16,193 ERROR [vmware.manager.VmwareManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-14:torvms04lx.sigmasys.net) Unable to create mount point for
> nfs://10.0.110.12/data/cloudstack/secondary
> 2013-01-11 <http://10.0.110.12/data/cloudstack/secondary2013-01-11>05:23:16,193
INFO  [vmware.manager.VmwareStorageManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-14:torvms04lx.sigmasys.net) Secondary storage mount point:
> /mnt/sec
> 2013-01-11 05:23:16,193 INFO  [vmware.manager.VmwareStorageManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-14:torvms04lx.sigmasys.net) Executing command: tar
> --no-same-owner -xf /mnt/sec/template/tmpl/1/8/routing-8.ova
> 2013-01-11 05:23:16,193 DEBUG [vmware.manager.VmwareStorageManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-14:torvms04lx.sigmasys.net) Executing: tar --no-same-owner
> -xf /mnt/sec/template/tmpl/1/8/routing-8.ova
> 2013-01-11 05:23:16,195 WARN  [vmware.manager.VmwareStorageManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-14:torvms04lx.sigmasys.net) Exception: tar --no-same-owner
> -xf /mnt/sec/template/tmpl/1/8/routing-8.ova
> java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "tar" (in directory
> "/mnt/sec/template/tmpl/1/8"): error=2, No such file or directory
>         at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
>
>
>
> Thanks and Regards.
>
> Asmita Patil Vagyani.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Asmita Vagyani [mailto:Asmita.Vagyani@sigma-systems.com]
> Sent: 11 January 2013 PM 03:31
> To: 'cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org'
> Subject: CloudStack 4 OS default Mount point Issue
>
> Hi,
>
> I found that internally for starting the system VM, management server
> tries to copy the routing-8 ova from secondary to the primary storage.
> In this process, it creates a mount point on the /var/lib/cloud/mnt/VM
> folder.
> Here I get permission denied issue. It tries to chmod the permissions, but
> fails in the attempt.
>
> I saw a bug on CS Bugtracker -
> http://bugs.cloudstack.org/browse/CS-12820?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#issue-tabs
> The solution is to change default mount path of OS where mgmt server is
> running to /var/lib/cloud/managment/mnt as /var/lib/cloud/management is
> home directory of user 'cloud', mgmt server can have full permission to
> manipulate it.
>
> My question is where I can do the configuration of default OS mount point.
> I tried to change the /setup/db/server-setup.xml, and restarted the
> server, but no luck.
>
>
> The logs are as follows from the start :
>
> 2013-01-11 04:50:04,419 INFO  [vmware.manager.VmwareStorageManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-10:torvms03lx.sigmasys.net) Template routing-8 is not setup
> yet, setup template from secondary storage with uuid name:
> ac12f92422f8382d96409d85942a08a8
> 2013-01-11 04:50:05,717 INFO  [vmware.manager.VmwareStorageManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-10:torvms03lx.sigmasys.net) Executing
> copyTemplateFromSecondaryToPrimary. secondaryStorage: nfs://
> 10.0.110.12/data/cloudstack/secondary, templatePathAtSecondaryStorage:
> template/tmpl/1/8/, templateName: routing-8
> 2013-01-11 04:50:05,717 DEBUG [vmware.manager.VmwareManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-10:torvms03lx.sigmasys.net) Executing: sudo mount -t nfs
> 10.0.110.12:/data/cloudstack/secondary
> /var/lib/cloud/mnt/VM/345051758635.4190c4bd
> 2013-01-11 04:50:05,870 DEBUG [vmware.manager.VmwareManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-10:torvms03lx.sigmasys.net) Execution is successful.
> 2013-01-11 04:50:05,871 DEBUG [vmware.manager.VmwareManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-10:torvms03lx.sigmasys.net) Executing: sudo chmod 777
> /var/lib/cloud/mnt/VM/345051758635.4190c4bd
> 2013-01-11 04:50:05,917 DEBUG [vmware.manager.VmwareManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-10:torvms03lx.sigmasys.net) Exit value is 1
> chmod: changing permissions of
> `/var/lib/cloud/mnt/VM/345051758635.4190c4bd': Operation not permitted
> 2013-01-11 04:50:05,917 WARN  [vmware.manager.VmwareManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-10:torvms03lx.sigmasys.net) Unable to set permissions for
> /var/lib/cloud/mnt/VM/345051758635.4190c4bd due to chmod: changing
> permissions of `/var/lib/cloud/mnt/VM/345051758635.4190c4bd': Operation not
> permitted
> 2013-01-11 04:50:05,922 ERROR [vmware.manager.VmwareManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-10:torvms03lx.sigmasys.net) Unable to create mount point for
> nfs://10.0.110.12/data/cloudstack/secondary
> 2013-01-11 <http://10.0.110.12/data/cloudstack/secondary2013-01-11>04:50:05,922
INFO  [vmware.manager.VmwareStorageManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-10:torvms03lx.sigmasys.net) Secondary storage mount point:
> /mnt/sec
> 2013-01-11 04:50:05,922 INFO  [vmware.manager.VmwareStorageManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-10:torvms03lx.sigmasys.net) Executing command: tar
> --no-same-owner -xf /mnt/sec/template/tmpl/1/8/routing-8.ova
> 2013-01-11 04:50:05,922 DEBUG [vmware.manager.VmwareStorageManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-10:torvms03lx.sigmasys.net) Executing: tar --no-same-owner
> -xf /mnt/sec/template/tmpl/1/8/routing-8.ova
> 2013-01-11 04:50:05,924 WARN  [vmware.manager.VmwareStorageManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-10:torvms03lx.sigmasys.net) Exception: tar --no-same-owner
> -xf /mnt/sec/template/tmpl/1/8/routing-8.ova
> java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "tar" (in directory
> "/mnt/sec/template/tmpl/1/8"): error=2, No such file or directory
>         at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
>
>
>
> Thanks and Regards.
>
> Asmita Patil Vagyani.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Paul Angus [mailto:paul.angus@shapeblue.com]
> Sent: 11 January 2013 PM 03:07
> To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: RE: CloudStack 4 Templates
>
> Hi,
>
> The only place you can define your secondary storage is in Infrastructure
> > Secondary Storage in the UI.
>
> If you have exported /mnt/secondary as the share, it's legitimate for a
> client to mount that as /mnt/sec (you can't change that)
>
>
> Some manual troubleshooting to try is to go to your ESXi host and try to
> manually mount the secondary storage share as an nfs volume, then browse to
> it and check you can see the files/folders and that you have read/write
> permission.
>
>
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul Angus
> S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447711418784
> paul.angus@shapeblue.com
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Asmita Vagyani [mailto:Asmita.Vagyani@sigma-systems.com]
> Sent: 11 January 2013 09:24
> To: 'cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org'
> Subject: RE: CloudStack 4 Templates
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> The secondary storage is properly configured in cloudstack secondary
> storage share in Infrastructure.
> I can see it.
> Now the problem is during the booting process of management server it
> tries to start the system VM, for which it needs the routing-8.ova.
> THis routing.ova is in the secondary storage.
> It is trying to lookup this ova file into wrong directory /mnt/sec , but
> actually the directory is /mnt/secondary.
>
> THis is the problem, I don’t know where this wrong path /mnt/sec is coming
> from.
>
> Logs show :
> 2013-01-11 01:26:21,474 INFO  [vmware.manager.VmwareStorageManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-259:torvms04lx.sigmasys.net) Secondary storage mount point:
> /mnt/sec
> 2013-01-11 01:26:21,474 INFO  [vmware.manager.VmwareStorageManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-259:torvms04lx.sigmasys.net) Executing command: tar
> --no-same-owner -xf /mnt/sec/template/tmpl/1/8/routing-8.ova
> 2013-01-11 01:26:21,474 DEBUG [vmware.manager.VmwareStorageManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-259:torvms04lx.sigmasys.net) Executing: tar --no-same-owner
> -xf /mnt/sec/template/tmpl/1/8/routing-8.ova
> 2013-01-11 01:26:21,475 WARN  [vmware.manager.VmwareStorageManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-259:torvms04lx.sigmasys.net) Exception: tar --no-same-owner
> -xf /mnt/sec/template/tmpl/1/8/routing-8.ova
> java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "tar" (in directory
> "/mnt/sec/template/tmpl/1/8"): error=2, No such file or directory
>
> Thanks and Regards.
>
> Asmita Patil Vagyani.
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Paul Angus [mailto:paul.angus@shapeblue.com]
> Sent: 11 January 2013 PM 02:13
> To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: RE: CloudStack 4 Templates
>
> You can tell cloudstack the 'share' or 'nfs export' to connect to,
> examples might be:
>
> /mnt/secondary
> /exports/secondary
> /home/storage/secondary
>
>
> where CloudStack mounts that is hardcoded into the CloudStack element
> which is mounting it.
>
> you can use the management server to host storage for small or POC
> deployments, but you must share the storage location and connect to that
> share. And almost forget that it happens to be on the cloudstack management
> server - treat it like an nfs server with the same ip addres as the
> management server.
>
> you tell cloudstack the location of the secondary storage share in
> Infrastructure > Secondary Storage in the UI.
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul Angus
> S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447711418784
> paul.angus@shapeblue.com
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Asmita Vagyani [mailto:Asmita.Vagyani@sigma-systems.com]
> Sent: 11 January 2013 08:15
> To: 'cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org'
> Subject: RE: Cloudstack 4 Templates
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> The directory mounted is named as /mnt/secondary and not mnt/sec.
> I am not sure from where its picking the /mnt/sec directory.
> Any idea if this is configured somewhere?
>
> Thanks and Regards.
>
> Asmita Patil Vagyani.
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Paul Angus [mailto:paul.angus@shapeblue.com]
> Sent: 11 January 2013 PM 01:33
> To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Cloudstack 4 Templates
>
> Hi Asmita,
>
> First guess... check the permissions on your secondary storage (and the
> subfolders). The 'no_root_squash' is important in share configuration, all
> files/folders should allow root to have read and write access.
>
> NB "/mnt/sec/template/tmpl/1/8" should be how the SSVM mounts the
> secondary storage
>
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul Angus
> S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447711418784
> paul.angus@shapeblue.com
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Asmita Vagyani [mailto:Asmita.Vagyani@sigma-systems.com]
> Sent: 11 January 2013 07:26
> To: 'cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org'; '
> cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org'
> Subject: RE: Cloudstack 4 Templates
>
> An update:
>
> When I start the Management server for Cloudstack 4. I can see the count
> of System VMs as 2.
> But after some time, one of the system VMs goes down.
>
> When I see the management server logs, I saw the reason as -
> 2013-01-11 01:26:21,475 WARN  [vmware.manager.VmwareStorageManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-259:torvms04lx.sigmasys.net) Exception: tar --no-same-owner
> -xf /mnt/sec/template/tmpl/1/8/routing-8.ova
> java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "tar" (in directory
> "/mnt/sec/template/tmpl/1/8"): error=2, No such file or directory
>
> The directory mounted is named as /mnt/secondary and not mnt/sec.
> I am not sure from where its picking the /mnt/sec directory.
> Any idea if this is configured somewhere?
>
> Thanks and Regards.
>
> Asmita Patil Vagyani.
>
>
>
> Thanks and Regards.
>
> Asmita Patil Vagyani.
> Tech Lead,  Sigma Software Solutions, Pune,
> T: +91-20-25661992 / 93 / 94. Extn. : 286
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Asmita Vagyani [mailto:Asmita.Vagyani@sigma-systems.com]
> Sent: 11 January 2013 PM 12:31
> To: 'cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org'; '
> cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org'
> Subject: RE: Cloudstack 4 Templates
>
> Hi all,
>
> When I start the Managemnt server for Cloudstack 4. I can see the count of
> System VMs as 2.
> But after some time, one of the system VMs goes down.
>
> When I see the management server logs, I saw the reason as -
> 2013-01-11 01:26:21,475 WARN  [vmware.manager.VmwareStorageManagerImpl]
> (DirectAgent-259:torvms04lx.sigmasys.net) Exception: tar --no-same-owner
> -xf /mnt/sec/template/tmpl/1/8/routing-8.ova
> java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "tar" (in directory
> "/mnt/sec/template/tmpl/1/8"): error=2, No such file or directory
>
> The routing-8.ova is not present in the tmpl directory, instead some ova
> with name f1f6983d-9f10-40cd-be5d-fb366daadbfa.ova is found in the same
> location.
> I saw the bug 6885 in CS Bugtracker, I am not sure if renaming the .ova
> file is the cause of problem.
>
> Please let me know if I am in the right direction.
>
> Thanks and Regards.
>
> Asmita Patil Vagyani.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Srikanteswararao Talluri [mailto:srikanteswararao.talluri@citrix.com
> ]
> Sent: 10 January 2013 PM 01:47
> To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org; '
> cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org'
> Subject: RE: Cloudstack 4 Templates
>
> Hi Asmita,
>
> In that case, your deployment must be having a default CentOS template
> downloaded. Please check the 'listTemplates'. For some reason, if that
> template download was not successful (could be an issue with network
> reachability or wrong url provided in db),
> You can check network reachability from secondary storage VM or
> cloud.vm_template table in the database.
>
> In any case, You can get a OVA template for CentOS  @
> http://download.cloud.com/releases/2.2.0/CentOS5.3-x86_64.ova
>
> Thanks,
> ~Talluri
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Asmita Vagyani [mailto:Asmita.Vagyani@sigma-systems.com]
> Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 1:35 PM
> To: 'cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org'; '
> cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org'
> Subject: RE: Cloudstack 4 Templates
>
> Hi Sri,
> I used the burbank template for installing the system VM during
> installation, its done.
> I have created zone, POD, VMWare Cluster and hosts too.
> Now I want to deploy a VM on the host.
>
> In the deployVirtualMachine API we need to provide the template ID for the
> template.
> I want to create a template first, how can create it?
>
>
> Thanks and Regards.
>
> Asmita Patil Vagyani.
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Srikanteswararao Talluri [mailto:srikanteswararao.talluri@citrix.com
> ]
> Sent: 10 January 2013 PM 01:26
> To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org; '
> cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org'
> Subject: RE: Cloudstack 4 Templates
>
> This is the systemvm template for cloudstack 4.0(for VMWare)
> http://download.cloud.com/templates/burbank/burbank-systemvm-08012012.ova
> You can use the above template to bring up system VM not Guest VMs.
>
>
>
> Please refer to the following link for documentation:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/en-US/index.html
>
>
>
> Thanks,
> ~Talluri
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Asmita Vagyani [mailto:Asmita.Vagyani@sigma-systems.com]
> Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 1:01 PM
> To: 'cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org'; '
> cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org'
> Subject: Cloudstack 4 Templates
>
> Hi,
> I want to register a template in Cloudstack 4 client console.
> I want the ova file downloadable link for VMWare.
> This template will be used for creating a VM on the cluster host.
>
> I saw in the Cloudstack 3.0 documentation that for vmware system template
> link is
> http://download.cloud.com/templates/acton/actonsystemvm-02062012.ova
> Can I use the same template for cloudstack 4.
> Also, can this system template be used for creating a VM.
>
> Is there a library of such templates for different hypervisors, if yes plz
> let me knw the link.
>
>
> Thanks and Regards.
>
> Asmita Patil Vagyani.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ShapeBlue provides a range of strategic and technical consulting and
> implementation services to help IT Service Providers and Enterprises to
> build a true IaaS compute cloud. ShapeBlue’s expertise, combined with
> CloudStack technology, allows IT Service Providers and Enterprises to
> deliver true, utility based, IaaS to the customer or end-user.
>
> ________________________________
>
> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended
> solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or
> opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
> represent those of Shape Blue Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient of
> this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor
> copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you
> have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated
> in England & Wales.
> ShapeBlue provides a range of strategic and technical consulting and
> implementation services to help IT Service Providers and Enterprises to
> build a true IaaS compute cloud. ShapeBlue’s expertise, combined with
> CloudStack technology, allows IT Service Providers and Enterprises to
> deliver true, utility based, IaaS to the customer or end-user.
>
> ________________________________
>
> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended
> solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or
> opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
> represent those of Shape Blue Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient of
> this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor
> copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you
> have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated
> in England & Wales.
> ShapeBlue provides a range of strategic and technical consulting and
> implementation services to help IT Service Providers and Enterprises to
> build a true IaaS compute cloud. ShapeBlue’s expertise, combined with
> CloudStack technology, allows IT Service Providers and Enterprises to
> deliver true, utility based, IaaS to the customer or end-user.
>
> ________________________________
>
> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended
> solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or
> opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
> represent those of Shape Blue Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient of
> this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor
> copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you
> have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated
> in England & Wales.
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message