cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <bhais...@apache.org>
Subject Re: devcloud kvm
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 00:26:58 GMT
On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am relaying a question about devcloud-kvm from folks that are not yet on the mailing
list.

> There are two parts to the question:
>
> 1-How can we use devcloud to act as a host only node ? one devcloud would be run to have
a mgt server and another one would be run to act as a separate host. Both devclouds running
on two separate physical hosts.

So, you cannot run kvm on a paravirtualized hpv, which is why devcloud
appliance would run xen, the hypervisor running can be virtualbox
(tools/devcloud) or kvm (tools/devcloud-kvm).
It's upto the hypervisor which is running the appliance to provide
host only network, while this is ready made in virtualbox, one can
setup a virtual network for vms in kvm (Marcus should advise here).
And yes, you can do that, run mgmt server+mysql in one devcloud and
use other as host+nfs/localstorage.

> 2-Is it possible to configure devcloud-kvm to use qemu emulation without VT-x and not
use xen ?

I tried that once and it just did not work for me; maybe it's
possible, one should be able to run vms on qemu emulation. I think
http://devstack.org does that and so should be do-able.

Regards.