cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Help wanted: Review the runbook
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 18:13:24 GMT
On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Mathias Mullins
<mathias.mullins@citrix.com> wrote:
>>Is "Run Book" really the right title? I guess when I started reading it as
>>a "run book" I was thinking about daily operations and supportability of
>>the setup, care and feeding and running it. (Something I'm trying to
>>write) This honestly seems to be more of a Quick Start Guide. I think the
>>Quick Start Guide would be great for specific hypervisors, and run book
>>type document would be generic functionality across CS as a whole.
>>
>>What do you think? Is there room for both?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Matt

Perhaps it is an ill-fitting title. I am open to new titles. IIRC, at
the time I initially wrote the runbook a Quick Start Guide existed. (I
'think' I wrote the initial copy of that as well, back in February of
2011, tho folks came along after me and continued to improve it - and
honestly I did it 'wrong' in that instance. I provided fewer options,
but not no options and while it was less confusing it wasn't perfect.)

--David