cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Highly Available DNS
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 23:37:26 GMT
On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 6:31 PM, Nick Wales <nick@nickwales.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm setting up a basic zone with shared networking and my last stumbling block is the
single VR providing DHCP and DNS.

> Our plan was to setup conditional forwarding on our existing DNS servers to the cloudstack
VR however what we're concerned about is the lack of high availability. I realise the instance
can be restarted should any issues arise, however a) this creates a period of downtime and
b) if we need to destroy and recreate there's no guarantee it will come back on the same IP…
in fact we've tested and it came back on a different address.

> This leaves us with a single forwarding option that could potentially change requiring
a manual update elsewhere. Is there anything we can do to alleviate these concerns other than
setup an alternative which would insert and remove records into our existing DNS servers.

> Nick

Redundant VR?

--David