cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Cloudstack puppet manifest
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 22:38:45 GMT
On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 3:53 AM, Oliver Leach
<Oliver.Leach@tatacommunications.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking in to getting puppet to deploy Cloudstack via a puppet module. I am trying
to configure a yum repo that has the Cloudstack RPMs so I can ensure the 'cloud-client' package
is installed. I am looking at this for guidance https://github.com/CloudStack-extras/puppet-cloudstack/blob/master/manifests/init.pp,
however need help in configuring a the repo as - this is an example.

So not to deride my own first attempt - but that puppet manifest is
woefully out of date and poorly written.

Take a look at:
https://github.com/ke4qqq/puppet-cloudstack

It's much better, and far more readable IMO.

Prasanna also has some stuff that he has for deploying CloudStack with
puppet for CI and it works pretty consistently - take a look at his
github account:
https://github.com/vogxn

--David