cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Yves Ritschard <...@spootnik.org>
Subject Network Bandwidth Usage for Basic Networking
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 12:44:24 GMT
Hi,

As far as I can tell, network bandwidth usage is computed by reporting the
tx/rx counters of the
VM interfaces bearing public IPs on hypervisors.

If this is the case I suppose VM-to-VM bandwidth is also metered then ?
Which would mean that billing would take into account intra-zone traffic,
is this correct ?

If so, is there a way to prevent intra-zone traffic from being metered,
bonus question, is it possible
to prevent an arbitrary CIDR from being metered as well ?

Cheers,
  - pyr