cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>
Subject force expunge
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 21:59:07 GMT
Hello,

I'm working on the CloudStack driver for Axembrl Provisionr [1] and
I'm having some issues with expunge. I can't delete a network before
all VM's that use it are destroyed and expunged. Expunging takes
forever and the delete network API call is executed before so I end
not cleaning up ok.

In a live test [2], I'm creating via jclouds API a network, register a
ssh key and create a VM. Then I destroy them in reverse, but I don't
wait for the VM to be expunged and this makes impossible the network
deletion. I'm leaking networks, which is not nice. Instructions to run
the live tests are here [3]

What is the best strategy in this case? Is there any way that I can
speed up/force expunging - API call, cloud configuration?

Thanks,

[1] https://github.com/axemblr/axemblr-provisionr/
[2] https://github.com/ieugen/axemblr-provisionr/blob/run-instance/providers/cloudstack/src/test/java/com/axemblr/provisionr/cloudstack/activities/CreateGatewayLiveTest.java
[3] end of README: https://github.com/ieugen/axemblr-provisionr