cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Arnaud Gaillard <arnaud.gaill...@xtendsys.net>
Subject Multiple primary and volume not created on the same primary as the offering
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 15:18:09 GMT
Hello,

(Our setup: cloudstack 3.0.2 on Centos + KVM + NFS fileservers from
different vendors)

We have a multiple primary setup, but following the crash of one of the
primary storage we have realized that additional volume added to a VM were
not created with the same offering than the original VM.

This mean that the VM was running on a specific primary and the volume we
created afterward for this VM were not following the storage tag of the
offering.

This may create important incoherency and complexity when we do operation
with primary storage.

Is there a way to control on which primary is created a volume? Is this a
bug?

We also have strange behaviour following a primary storage crash with some
VM time traveling backward (the VM is up but the filesystem is in the state
it was one month ago, this state is different from the original
template...).
Also some VM were missing huge part of their filesystem. This is also the
case for VM that were not on the impacted storage.

The data are not corrupted on the NFS server but after the restart, the VM
are sometime in an incoherent state from a filesystem point of view. We
tried to understand what might cause this but currently we didn't come to a
satisfactory solution.

Did other users encountered this type of problem?

Thanks,

AG