cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Ottonello <aottone...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting CRAZY for having a cloud working!
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 16:42:39 GMT
Here it is... now I have created a host "virtual" running on a XCP 1.6 real
host, modifying a mysql database parameter not to check for HVM capacity.

Same problem, s-x-VM not starting.

http://pastebin.com/tpLDi5ir

2013/1/3 Paul Angus <paul.angus@shapeblue.com>

> Andrea,
>
> That sounds right, could you upload your management log to pastebin.comfrom around the
time when you tried to add the host

> Regards,
>
> Paul Angus
> Cloud Architect / Senior Consultant
> paul.angus@shapeblue.com | www.shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeBlue

:)

param-name=tags
In the

contain

not patched. So
files
> (vhd-util,....).

> > > problem.
vbd and any vms) 3.
param-name=tags 4.

8:28 PM
having a cloud
> working!

on the site you
> > > provided.
3.0 only

and host.
is locally
primary, or even
is in
s-XX-VM, it fails,
XX number of 1, in
If I look at
so CS doesn't know
set": it has
2 CPU quadcore. It
and
installation
storage. There must
Xen/XCP setup, but

working out of the box
> > > you.
server logs on
better.
example, to avoid
out of the email.

lots of folks are
are very few people
> > > help out.

which is the
at

where you are in

running ?
storage defined and
and secondary storage
?

PM, Andrea Ottonello

analyze log for myself:
about storage, so I
configured zoning on
only one path and
to setup all again from
> scratch. No luck again.
is a lot of crap and
tried installing CS 3.0.2
> as "stable"
of Ubuntu, Nothing
> > again.
try using another physical
and using
If even this try will not
for obtaining... nothing.
but I cannot believe
IMPOSSIBLE to have
up and
simply not able to
with a Brocade 200E to a
> > > CX300.
for installing VMs for
and so on. I want to
using a primary
Give me just
follow

;) Any suggestion on where

Childers

strips attachments.
else, with a URL pointer

19, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Marc
find any attachments...

Dec 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Andrea
<

try, thank you. Already attached
to an

Marc Cirauqui

I don't know your physical setup, but if

you have two network

you should name them in XenCenter.

Example. In Xencenter, networking tab,

you see "Network

and

(don't remember exact names). Rename them

to be

and "cloud-public" (for example). Then in

the

icons in setup

equivalent in infrastructure tab) put

those tags

private and

network.

That way CS maps vm's interfaces to the

right physical interfaces in

Also, please, upload your log to pastebin

or something similar to

thx

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Andrea

Ottonello

wrote:

Anyway, tried to format host and install
> [...]
6.0.2, activated

free license, updated with last patches

via XenCenter (exception

6.1 upgrade, of course). Restored MGMT

machine to

taken

finishing fresh setup of cloudstack

(just after

Tested again NFS shares on CentOS machine.

ok, let's start: followed guide to

configure XenServer host

installed package for CloudStack).

Got to CloudStack UI, closed wizard and

started creating zone pod

storage etc.... SAME F...ING S..T error,

it doesn't start System

because it tells that there is no

suitable

BUT

Host

right

there waiting for you stupid software to

place a VM on

Ottonello

--
Andrea Ottonello