cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: best supported hypervisor
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 13:22:07 GMT
Nux,

I would say XenServer is the best supported hypervisor with KVM rapidly catching up.  This
is mainly because I've known quite a few XS production deployments.

You'll find a lot of community members are on KVM and since it's been open to apache, there's
been a lot of contribution in KVM in terms of bringing it up to date with the latest Ubuntu
release etc and software features.  I think if you're looking for the latest advances in technology,
KVM is probably even earlier than XS.

I don't think you'll go wrong with either hypervisor.

As for SDN in your other thread, I will let Hugo speak to Nicira's readiness.  There's also
a desire to bring OVS to production level in the near future.

--Alex