cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rajesh Battala <rajesh.batt...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Cloudstack - not able to add KVM host
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2013 13:54:44 GMT
Look like mount command issue. Check whether manual mount with the same values is getting executed
without error not.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Eng [mailto:andrewceng@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 6:24 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cloudstack - not able to add KVM host

Thanks - I resolved the adding the host - but now there's a problem with adding the secondary
storage - it keeps failing...

agent.log I got is:

ERROR [kvm.storage.LibvirtStorageAdaptor]
(agentRequest-Handler-5:null) org.libvirt.LibvirtException: internal error Child process (/bin/mount
<IP>:/mnt/template/template/tmpl/1/3
/mnt/e5ea7b4b-2966-3857-952e-e6981a1e020c) status unexpected: exit status 32
2013-01-20 21:51:40,718 WARN  [cloud.agent.Agent]
(agentRequest-Handler-5:null) Caught:

I downloaded the system vm template and placed it in the secondary storage but it keeps getting
expunged.....

Any ideas?

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Paul Angus <paul.angus@shapeblue.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I assume you mean that you can't add the host into the cluster at all.
>
> Check
>
> /var/log/cloud/agent/agent.log
> And
> /var/log/libvirt/libvirtd.log
>
> On the host itself.
>
> There are two issues I've seen lately - one relates to cgroups not getting  configured
on CentOS 6.3 KVM and the other to the KVM 'default' storage conflicting with the CloudStack
'default' storage.

> Regards,
>
> Paul Angus

to help IT Service Providers and Enterprises to build a true IaaS compute cloud. ShapeBlue's

those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd. If you are not
the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents,

Andrew