cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Getting CRAZY for having a cloud working!
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 17:36:08 GMT

07711 418 784
www.shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrea Ottonello [mailto:aottonello@gmail.com]
Sent: 02 January 2013 17:02
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Getting CRAZY for having a cloud working!

Hallo all and happy new year!
Today I tried again: management vm fresh, xenserver fresh and updated (but still 6.0.2) with
local storage, I closed wizard and before adding zone etc. I configured option for system
VMs on local storage. Then added zone, pod, cluster, node... when adding node, some strange
errors regarding agent disconnected. From XenCenter I see that local storage has changed name
with "cloud stack bla bla bla" in description, but in management UI I don't see any primary
storage configured.
Ok, enough. New year, new life. If a product takes almost a month for simply setup a trial
and even now not works, maybe is time to try something different. Maybe I'm unlucky and/or
not capable of doing things, or maybe CloudStack and guides are not so "turnkey" as they claim
to be. I don't know what else to do, just give up.

2013/1/2 Marc Cirauqui <mcirauqui@gmail.com>

> Hi Andrea, any news?
>
> thx
>

> On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Vijay Venkatachalam <
> Vijay.Venkatachalam@citrix.com> wrote:
>
> > Remember the first step is to see if these steps are applicable to you.
> >
> > Meaning in my case when I ran a find in xenserver console I was not
> > able to find the vhd-util tools.
> > Meaning there should be zero results for
> >
> > If the patches are already applied (the steps won't help) you might
> > it them in /usr/sbin/vhd-util /opt/xensource/bin/vhd-util

CS

3.
> Remove
> the