cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Jake G." <Dj_dark_jungl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Password Management Script not working
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 10:39:22 GMT
Figured it out. The script was not running due to an error. Seems the script that I downloaded
from sourceforge wad not encoded correctly.

I opened the script on the server, copied the script to notepad on desktop, the select all
and copy and past from notepad back into the script. Saved and it worked perfect.

Thanks !

On 2013/01/29, at 16:20, "Jake G." <Dj_dark_junglist@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Geoff,
>
> Yes I did per the CS 4.0 admin documentation.
>

> On 2013/01/29, at 15:04, Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

>> Hi Jake,
>>
>> Did you install the password reset script into your template.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Geoff Higginbottom
>> CTO / Cloud Architect
>>
>> D: +44 20 3603 0542 | S: +44 20 3603 0540| M: +447968161581
>>
>> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com |www.shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeblue
>>
>> ShapeBlue Ltd, 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London, WC2N 4HS
>>
>> Visit us on stand 291 at Cloud Expo Europe
>>
>> On 29 Jan 2013, at 03:05, "Jake G." <dj_dark_junglist@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All!
>>
>> I just created a CentOS 6.3 Template for CS 4.0 /vCenter 5.0.
>>
>> After I create an instance the new password message box displays but I am unable
to login to the instance with that password for root.
>> Same thing happens when I shutdown the instance and try to change the password also.
>>
>> Only password that works is the original root password I used when creating the template.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks again everyone!
>> ShapeBlue provides a range of strategic and technical consulting and implementation
services to help IT Service Providers and Enterprises to build a true IaaS compute cloud.
ShapeBlue’s expertise, combined with CloudStack technology, allows IT Service Providers
and Enterprises to deliver true, utility based, IaaS to the customer or end-user.

solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd. If you
are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon
its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you
have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England &
Wales.