cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject Re: Help wanted: Review the runbook
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 18:01:14 GMT
On 29.01.2013 16:13, David Nalley wrote:
> I want folks to use this runbook as literally as possible to deploy a
> CloudStack instance. Literally copy-pasting commands, config file
> content, etc. There could be typos, improper commands, etc. Please
> help me find them. My goal is to have a single guaranteed path to
> success for someone new to Apache CloudStack. Obviously that means
> following the directions religiously. So how to send feedback - well
> you can reply to this thread, you can file bugs in Jira, or you can
> submit patches to fix problems.

Hi David,

Good job on the book and some feedback, as requested:
http://people.apache.org/~ke4qqq/runbook/sect-Runbook-Management-templatesetup.html

The page above assumes the NFS server is on a different machine,
whereas I started from the idea this is a all-in-one setup.
Also, in the NFS web page there is nowhere specified this should not be
done on the same server that hosts the management part of cloudstack or
the VMs.

It would be nice if this was more clear, it will put newcomers in
difficulty.

Nux!
www.nux.ro