cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Pranav Saxena <pranav.sax...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Compute and Disk Offerings of CloudStack
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 08:47:22 GMT
Hey Zaw ,

Below are the answers to your questions  -

1)     assign CPU and Memory in Compute Offering for VMs?-   Stop the VM , assign the compute
offering to the VM and start the VM again

2)     Is there any formula or an assignment of CoreCPUs, CPU speed and Memory regarding compute
offerings - These are probably based on what the hypervisor can support and the there are
limits imposed based on them which is handled by the backend Java code.

3)     the min and max number of CPU and Memory for compute offering - CloudStack doesn’t
impose any limits as such as far as I know. If you have that much hardware and your hypervisor
supports that then you should be fine to deploy your instance with whatever value you specify
else Cloudstack would throw an exception of “Insufficient Capacity “ .

4)     assign Disk size in Disk offering - This you can do while deploying the VM through
the instance wizard . There are standard disk sizes available or you also have the flexibility
of choosing a custom disk offering . Also , you could create your own disk offering under
the Service offerings tab and deploy your VM using that.

5)     min and max number of Disk size for disk offerings - Again , I would say I don’t
think so that CloudStack specifies any limit for disk offerings . If you have the hardware
available , you should be good to go .

Someone in the community who has been working on the hypervisor specific module for cloudstack
( resource base) can better answer your queries.

Thanks,
Pranav