cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Pranav Saxena <pranav.sax...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Cloudstack Infrastructure Slices
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2013 19:45:32 GMT
If I understand correctly , you are asking about limiting resources (CPU  , RAM etc )  per
account or on domain basis . This feature is currently under development and is scheduled
for the next apache cloudstack release . Here is the functional spec for this feature - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Limit+Resources+to+domains+and+accounts
.

Regards,
Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: Gaspare A Silvestri [mailto:g.silvestri@netsons.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 12:09 AM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Cloudstack Infrastructure Slices

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to understand if Cloudstack allows to allocate not only single instances (in terms
of virtual machines), but also infrastructure's portions or slices.

What I  mean is: is it possible to allocate a set of global resources (x Ghz of CPU, x GB
of RAM, x GB of Disk) to an user or a project, and let the users allocate their resources
based on that slice?

Thanks in advance,

Gaspare Silvestri