cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Pranav Saxena <pranav.sax...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Generating api key for a user through API
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 06:36:02 GMT
Hi ,

You could use the following API -

RegisterUserKeys

This command allows a user to register for the developer API, returning a secret key and an
API key. Both secret key and API key should be returned to the user

Request parameter

Parameter Name	Description	Required
id	                                User id           	     true

                    Response Tags
Response Name	      Description

apikey	                      the api key of the registered user
secretkey	      the secret key of the registered user

Thanks  !

-----Original Message-----
From: Asmita Vagyani [mailto:Asmita.Vagyani@sigma-systems.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:58 AM
To: 'cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org'
Subject: Generating api key for a user through API

Hi all,

I want to generate the api key for an account user through Cloudstack API.
Is there any way to do it?

I can see that the console has the icon to generate the key, but I don't want a console to
do it, I want to generate it programmatically by invoking the Cloudstack API.
If I can do it, let me know.
If not, is there any alternative for this?

Thanks and Regards.

Asmita Patil Vagyani.