cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelar...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [Discuss] Support for multiple ip ranges.
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 11:01:22 GMT
Hi,

I have reviews Multiple IP Ranges FS available @ https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Multiple+Ip+ranges+FS
and below are my review comments:

1.Is there any limit on no.of subnets/IP ranges that can be added for guest?(since a new nic
is added on router vm for every different subnet)

2.Do we support adding multiple subnets in the same vlan incase of Shared guest network in
Advanced zone?

3.Can we shrink the existing IP ranges(Guest/Management)?

4.Can we add non-contiguos guest ip ranges for Basic zone?

5.Do we support tagged IP Network for management traffic?

6.Is not-contiguous management IP ranges supported?

7. Is this supported in upgraded environment?

Thanks,
Sanjeev

-----Original Message-----
From: Bharat Kumar [mailto:bharat.kumar@citrix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 5:27 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org; cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [Discuss] Support for multiple ip ranges.

Hi all,

Currently in cloudstack  we can add multiple public ip ranges. we want to provide  similar
flexibility  for management  and guest ip ranges.

Motivation: There may be cases where some part of the subnet is allocated for some other purpose
and the admin wants to use the rest of the ip range or admin may want to add more ip address
 once the old ones are exhausted. Admin may want to  add the ip ranges form the same subnet
or from different one. Currently in cloudstack there is no flexibility to do this for management
and guest ip ranges (ip ranges from different subnets).

This feature allows adding multiple management ip ranges in advanced and basic zones,  and
guest ip ranges in  basic zones.

Regards,
Bharat Kumar.