cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Gaspare A Silvestri <g.silves...@netsons.com>
Subject Re: Cloudstack Infrastructure Slices
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2013 22:25:02 GMT
Hi Pranav,

thank you for your answer. The feature you were talking abou could be
right to me, but I'm preciously searching for resource limitations in
terms of virtual data center offering, a sort of private assigned area
made up of a set of phyisical capped resources in which the user will be
able to allocate virtual instances.

Really thank you for your attention,

Gaspare

On 19/01/2013 20:45, Pranav Saxena wrote:
> If I understand correctly , you are asking about limiting resources (CPU  , RAM etc )
 per account or on domain basis . This feature is currently under development and is scheduled
for the next apache cloudstack release . Here is the functional spec for this feature - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Limit+Resources+to+domains+and+accounts
.

> Regards,
> Pranav

terms of virtual machines), but also infrastructure's portions or slices.

> What I  mean is: is it possible to allocate a set of global resources (x Ghz of CPU,
x GB of RAM, x GB of Disk) to an user or a project, and let the users allocate their resources
based on that slice?

--

*Gaspare A. Silvestri*
*Technical Director - Head of IT *