cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nik Martin <nik.mar...@nfinausa.com>
Subject Re: force expunge
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 16:35:23 GMT
On 01/17/2013 07:57 AM, Ioan Eugen Stan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Saliaja: I'm afraid not. jclouds support for CloudStack API is at
> version 2.x+ and for what it does, it works great and it's clean.
>
> Nik: Not an option. It will be a mess mixing Java with JavaScript. You
> would not wish to maintain such a software.

Went and checked out your site a bit, so now I'm curious. Why are you
using jclouds at all?  Do you need to interface to multiple cloud APIs?
  Interfacing directly with CS's API is trivial.

> It seems that the expunge time vary greatly. My query heuristics is
> also not that reliable so for now the only choice I have is to do the
> best I can in most situations and accepts the fact that we may leak
> resources.
Expunge time is a scheduled event, so depending on when you call delete
vm, you could be one second into the expunge schedule, or only have one
second left, so worst case is expunge.time - 1, best case is
expunge.time - expunge.time + 1

--

Regards,

Nik