cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nik Martin <nik.mar...@nfinausa.com>
Subject Re: Console Proxy VM unavailable
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 23:49:09 GMT
On 01/15/2013 04:51 PM, Nik Martin wrote:
> On 01/15/2013 04:47 PM, Anthony Xu wrote:
>> destroy_domain is a very low level command, it talks to Xen hypervisor
>> directly. The command hangs might mean it is waiting for a lock in
>> hypervisor which is held by other command/xapi.
>>
>> Try restaringing xapi and destroy_domain.
>> xe-toolstack-restart

Well this stinks, Started migrating VMs to get ready for the reboot, and
now all VMs are stck in "migrating" state - this cloud is my lifeblood
and now I'm going to have to reboot it forcefully because a VM hung,
which is a cardinal rule of Virtualization, don't hang DOM0.

Not blaming CS, but Xenserver blows. Citrix, this is your flagship
product and it will hang at the drop of a hat.

--

Regards,

Nik

Nik Martin