cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nik Martin <nik.mar...@nfinausa.com>
Subject Re: Console Proxy VM unavailable
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 22:51:01 GMT
On 01/15/2013 04:47 PM, Anthony Xu wrote:
> destroy_domain is a very low level command, it talks to Xen hypervisor directly. The
command hangs might mean it is waiting for a lock in hypervisor which is held by other command/xapi.

> Try restaringing xapi and destroy_domain.
> xe-toolstack-restart
>
> if it doesn't work, the only solution I know is to reboot the host, you can migrate VMs
to other hosts before you reboot this host.

Thanks for the tip.  Is it not safe to assume the output of list_domains
is the hung VM in question?
117 | deadbeef-dead-beef-dead-beef00000075 | DS

looking up the code for DS d= dying, S=Shutting down.  It's the only one
in that state in the list_domains output. Would killing domain 117
potentially crash DOM0?

> Anthony

VM

--