cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vinicius Mucuge <...@tid.es>
Subject Re: Management Server initial installation fail
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 10:34:58 GMT
Hi Marc and Asmita

thank you for the response, Marc showed me the "problem", and it was my
fault. As he pointed, I should run the command:

# cloud-setup-management

But I really didn't get to this part of the doc because it is related in
the point "4.5.6. Prepare and Start Additional Management Servers", and
of course I was not installing additional server!!!!
And I couldn't figure out the problem. Maybe I need to "RTFM" again!

Anyway, maybe it should be better explained in the documentation in the
point "4.5.3. Install the Management Server on the First Host" too.

Again, thanks for the observation.

It worked!!!

Vinicius Mucugê

CDN Linux System Engineer
Telefonica Digital PDI
Torre Telefónica-Diagonal 00
Plaza de Ernest Lluch i Martín, 5
08019 - Barcelona
Email: vgm@tid.es
Tel: +34 931233129
Skype: vini.galvao

On 01/11/2013 11:10 AM, Asmita Vagyani wrote:
> Hi Vinicius,
>
> I too faced the same problem suring initial installation.
> I resolved it by reinstalling the mysql, restarting the mysql-server service.
> And it worked. Let me know if it works.
>
> Also if it doesn't work,  look into cloudstack repo you created under /etc/yum.repos.d
> It must be
>
> [cloudstack]
> name=cloudstack
> baseurl =http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/rhel/4.0/
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=0
>
> Thanks and Regards.
>
> Asmita Patil Vagyani.

rpm repo provided by Cloudstack project.
> Following the official documentation and after installing all the libraries and dependencies
correctly, I got to the DB configuraction configuring MySQL as expect.
> Applying the database setup script everything was OK, and once I get to enter the UI,
typing the default user admin and "password" to follow the configuration I just get the message:

> "Invalid username or password"
>
> As this is the first installation that I'm doing from zero, I wish to know if some of
you can help me.
> I know this is a dumb problem but it is there! If someone please had the same issue,
let me know how to turn the problem.

> Here is the status of the database configuration as the installation guide suggest:
>

> # cloud-setup-databases cloud:cloudstack@localhost --deploy-as=root:cloudstack -e file
-m password -k password Mysql user name:cloud [ OK ] Mysql user password:cloudstack [ OK ]
Mysql server ip:localhost [ OK ] Mysql server port:3306 [ OK ] Mysql root user name:root [
OK ] Mysql root user password:cloudstack [ OK ] Checking Cloud database files ... [ OK ] Checking
local machine hostname ... [ OK ] Checking SELinux setup ... [ OK ] Detected local IP address
as 10.95.109.239, will use as cluster management server node IP[ OK ] Preparing /etc/cloud/management/db.properties
[ OK ] Applying /usr/share/cloud/setup/create-database.sql [ OK ] Applying /usr/share/cloud/setup/create-schema.sql
[ OK ] Applying /usr/share/cloud/setup/create-database-premium.sql [ OK ] Applying /usr/share/cloud/setup/create-schema-premium.sql
[ OK ] Applying /usr/share/cloud/setup/server-setup.sql [ OK ] Applying /usr/share/cloud/setup/templates.sql
[ OK ] Applying /usr/share/cloud/setup/create-index-fk.sql [ OK ] Applying /usr/share/cloud/setup/bridge/db/cloudbridge_db.sql
[ OK ] Applying /usr/share/cloud/setup/bridge/db/cloudbridge_schema.sql [ OK ] Applying /usr/share/cloud/setup/bridge/db/cloudbridge_multipart.sql
[ OK ] Applying /usr/share/cloud/setup/bridge/db/cloudbridge_index.sql [ OK ] Applying /usr/share/cloud/setup/bridge/db/cloudbridge_multipart_alter.sql
[ OK ] Applying /usr/share/cloud/setup/bridge/db/cloudbridge_bucketpolicy.sql [ OK ] Applying
/usr/share/cloud/setup/bridge/db/cloudbridge_policy_alter.sql [ OK ] Applying /usr/share/cloud/setup/bridge/db/cloudbridge_offering.sql
[ OK ] Applying /usr/share/cloud/setup/bridge/db/cloudbridge_offering_alter.sql [ OK ] Processing
encryption ... [ OK ] Finalizing setup ... [ OK ] CloudStack has successfully initialized
database, you can check your database configuration in /etc/cloud/management/db.properties

> Thanks
>

> --
> Vinicius Mucugê
>
> CDN Linux System Engineer
> Telefonica Digital PDI
> Torre Telefónica-Diagonal 00
> Plaza de Ernest Lluch i Martín, 5
> 08019 - Barcelona
> Email: vgm@tid.es
> Tel: +34 931233129
> Skype: vini.galvao

> Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Puede consultar nuestra política
de envío y recepción de correo electrónico en el enlace situado más abajo.
> This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email
on the basis of the terms set out at: