cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ahmad Saif <ahmad.abos...@gmail.com>
Subject How to export CPUs as Cores not Sockets
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 10:24:02 GMT
Dear CloudStackers,

I've hit a very weird situation last night, I've a VM that's running
(Windows 2008 Standard R2 64bit) which was working on a 4 cores offer.
when I upgraded the service offer to 8 cores and checked the VM I
notecied that it still have only 4 cores !!

I dig a little bit on the windows machine itself, and found that it see
the CPUs as sockets not cores and this version of windows support only
up to 4 cores.

I'm running CloudStack on KVM hosts, so when I checked the VM XML file
on the host I saw that the CPU is exported as following :

<vcpu>4</vcpu>

and it should be exported as following:

<topology sockets='1' cores='4' threads='1'/>
</cpu>

So it export the CPU as cores not socket. how can I change this behavior ?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks