cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com>
Subject Slow snapshots with KVM
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:25:16 GMT
Hello guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to speed up the creation of snapshots in CS + KVM? It seems
that every time the snapshot is created an entire vm disk image is copied over from primary
to secondary storage which could take ages if your images are 100GB+. I remember that taking
images in vmware / xenserver takes minutes if not seconds. Does the problem relate to KVM
or is it a CloudStack design issue of separating primary and secondary storage?

Many thanks

Andrei