cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: social network of our community
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 09:02:47 GMT
I used the mailing lists archived. Grouped things by threads and checked who participated in
the thread.
Everytime two people appear in a thread I create a connection between the two.

The size of the nodes depend on their "centrality", which means that a big node is often used
in a path between two "small" nodes.
The font size is proportional to the node size.

The color coding is something I am still working on, it is supposed to show groups within
the communities. Ideally a group that works on say KVM would show up in a given color. A group
that works on "docs" in another color. A group of developer that works in the same office
and tend to answer each other emails than others could show up as a group. But it's far from
perfect.

Glad you liked it,

-sebastien

On Jan 22, 2013, at 5:59 AM, Radhika Puthiyetath <radhika.puthiyetath@citrix.com> wrote:

> This is an awesome graph, Sebastien.
>
> I am really excited to see my name in the graph :-)
>
> Well, I am very curious to know how you have come up with this graph--and those different
color schemes etc.

> Thanks
> -Radhika

some social network analysis principles to draw pretty pictures :) I find them very interesting
so I posted a work in progress blog about it:

> http://sebgoa.blogspot.ch/2013/01/social-network-analysis-of-apache.html
>
> Check it out and let me know what you think. I removed email addresses in the picture
and kept "first names". My intent is not to put the spotlight on anyone in particular but
really to see how we communicate.

> PS: Specifically I'd like to be able to provide information for new comers  so that they
know who is active in the community. Also I am trying to answer the question of who to ask
about a particular topic.