cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Trevor Francis <trevor.fran...@tgrahamcapital.com>
Subject Re: Reimage Instance
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 20:50:52 GMT
How do you preserve hostname and IP address if you want to spin a box up from scratch again....assuming
you are using advanced networking and dhcp?

Trevor Francis
Partner
46 Labs | PeerEdge Cloud Switch (PeCS)
http://www.46labs.com | http://www.peeredge.net
720-214-3643- Voice
trevor@46labs.com

Solutions Provider for the Telecom Industry

On Jan 4, 2013, at 2:46 PM, Tamas Monos <tamasm@veber.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don’t think there is.
> You can change the template of your VM by manually editing the database and then shut
it down and restart it.
> This way at the next start CS will re-deploy the new template for the VM and start it.
>
> Please be aware this is not recommended in production due to this method will confuse
the storage clean-up scripts and will kill your live VM in case the old template it was based
on no longer required.
> It is always recommended to create a new VM instance with the new template.
>
> Regards

new template? I see a way in the API, but nothing in the UI.