cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Trevor Francis <tre...@46labs.com>
Subject Re: Problem with bridge
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2012 18:54:09 GMT
Don't rule our your VLANS so quickly.

When you add IP to bridge, you can ping from the outside world?

So right now, you have mgmtbr0 = internal IP, guestbr0 = lacp bond (no ip), inetbr0  no ip?

Trevor Francis
Partner
46 Labs | PeerEdge Cloud Switch (PeCS)
http://www.46labs.com | http://www.peeredge.net
720-214-3643- Voice
trevor@46labs.com

Solutions Provider for the Telecom Industry

On Dec 15, 2012, at 12:45 PM, Aleksey Samarin <nrg3tik@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, mgmtrb0 is eth0, guestbr0 = bond (802.3ad), inetbr0 = eth2.
>
> Problem definitely not in VLAN, because then i add ip to the bridge everything works.
>
>  Any thoughts?
>
> Alex.
>

> 2012/12/15 Trevor Francis <trevor@46labs.com>
> Alesky,
>
> Are these bridges created over a single interface or bonded interface, or are these spread
across multiple bonded interfaces on multiple switches.

> As Anthony pointed out, VLANs are usually the culprit for "many a bridge issue."
>
> Are you running a VLAN aware switch? If so, are the VLANs setup on the switch for those
switch ports? Are they setup from the host you are attempting to ping from?

> Typically you may need to set the default VLAN on your Internet port on your switch to
the VLAN that your internet interface is attempting to use.

> Also, I would recommend tagging your VLANs.
>

> Trevor Francis
> Partner
> 46 Labs | PeerEdge Cloud Switch (PeCS)
>
> http://www.46labs.com | http://www.peeredge.net
> 720-214-3643- Voice
> trevor@46labs.com
>
> Solutions Provider for the Telecom Industry
>

> On Dec 15, 2012, at 12:14 PM, Aleksey Samarin <nrg3tik@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thx for reply!
>>
>> Of course! Problem only with inetbr0, another bridges works fine.
>>
>> To be sure:
>>
>> cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
>> 1
>>
>> cat /etc/sysctl.conf | grep ipv4.ip_forward
>> net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
>>
>> Yes, I had a problem with sistemvm.iso, but here only the network problem.
>>
>> Alex.
>>

>> 2012/12/15 Trevor Francis <trevor@46labs.com>
>> Have you set the KVM traffic labels within Cloudstack when you spun up your zone?
>>
>> Do you have IPV4 forwarding on?
>>

>> cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
>> If not, turn it on, and make it permanent by:
>> sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
>> /etc/sysctl.conf:
>> net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
>> I also had problems with system ISOs because the latest incubating for Ubuntu (this
may have already been fixed) does not include the system VM ISOs when you do a apt-get install
cloud-agent. If you did a source install, it may be different.