cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]S3-based secondary storage
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2012 09:00:28 GMT
Hari, I confess I never setup Swift or bluster for use as secondary storage, but I thought
we already supported S3 based sec storage, isn't it the case ?

From your wiki entry it seems that NFS is still needed for bootstrapping things, we definitely
need to check that. If that were the case I would rename the feature request as "remove NFS
dependency for S3 secondary storage"

-Sebastien

On Dec 27, 2012, at 11:54 PM, John Burwell <jburwell@basho.com> wrote:

> Hari,
>
> I have submitted this patch for 4.1.0, and it had been merged into
> master.  Please CLOUDSTACK-509 for more information regarding status,
> as well as, pointers to the patch review and design document.
>
> Thanks,
> -John
>

> On Dec 27, 2012, at 5:52 PM, Hari Kannan <hari.kannan@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I wish to propose a S3-based secondary storage in CloudStack - I have added some
details here<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/S3-based+secondary+Storage>
along with a JIRA ticket 714