cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Command to be used to upload an image in DevCloud
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 18:55:50 GMT

On 03-Dec-2012, at 1:29 AM, Charles Moulliard <ch007m@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> - Is there a command (CloudMonkey) or AWS S3 APi or ? that we can use to
> upload an ISO file in CloudStack ?

Read the API docs for usage: http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/api/index.html

cloudmonkey, give it url etc. ssvm will get it:
register iso --help

> - As we can also create a Template instead of ISO, is there a command to
> create a template ?

register template --help

> - What is the difference (in web ui) between create a Template and ISO ?

Template expects a virtual image, vhd, qcow2 etc. from which your vm would boot. ISOs can
be used to install os or patch/install software pkgs.

Regards.