cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From linuxsupport <lin.supp...@gmail.com>
Subject Cloudstack 4.0 networking
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2012 10:48:10 GMT
Hi All,

I am new to CloudStack, I have installed version 4 on CentOS 6.3

Management node is a virtual machine, with 2 interfaces one for public and
other for private network

eth0 => public
eth1 -> private

Host machine in which management VM is running is a Xen host with 2
physical interfaces, eth0 and eth1, both eth0 and eth1 have a respective
bridge setup and this is working.

I have another machine which is KVM host with cloud-agent (CentOS 6.3)

KVM machine also have 2 physical interfaces eth0 and eth1, eth0 has a
public IP and eth1 has private IP (192.168.1.100)

Now, I want that all the communication for management, storage and guest to
guest happen through eth1 and for internet use eth0

Can someone guide me to configure networking correctly?

If I use basic networking then it does not allow me to use eth1 and if I
use advance networking then it asks for VLANs, I tried to configure VLANs
interfaces on eth1 but it did not work, may be because I have no control on
switches provider has their own VLAN for public and private which I am not
aware about it.

Please help me to find right way.

Thanks