cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Valery Ciareszka <valery.teres...@gmail.com>
Subject Security Groups in Advanced mode
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 13:31:57 GMT
Hi people,

Does anybody know how security groups could be enabled in advanced
networking mode ?

Official documentation at
http://incubator.apache.org/cloudstack/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.0-incubating/html/Installation_Guide/security-groups.html
 says:

11.7.3. Enabling Security Groups
> In order for security groups to function in a zone, the security groups
> feature must first be enabled for the zone. The administrator can do this
> when creating a new zone, by selecting a network offering that includes
> security groups. The procedure is described in Basic Zone Configuration in
> the Advanced Installation Guide.

I can see option to choose network offering in basic mode:
http://thesuki.org/png/2012/12/cloudstack/cs_basic.png

But there is not such option in advanced mode:
http://thesuki.org/png/2012/12/cloudstack/cs_adv.png

I can see shared offering with security groups in network offerings:
http://thesuki.org/png/2012/12/cloudstack/cs_noff.png

But when I try to add shared network to zone, there is no option to select
network offering with security groups:
http://thesuki.org/png/2012/12/cloudstack/cs_guest.png

I've figured out that

>  In CloudStack 3.0.3 - 3.0.5, security groups are supported only in zones
> that use basic networking.

So are security groups supported in Cloudstack 4.0  or  I am trying to
break the brick wall with my head in vain :) ?
If they are not supported, how could I prevent ip spoofing on the guest VMs
within one shared network segment ?

Thanks.

--
Regards,