cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Mohammad Nour El-Din <nour.moham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request for cloudstack-qa mailing list and QA Scrum call
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 23:40:13 GMT
Hi Sudha...

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 12:28 AM, Sudha Ponnaganti <
sudha.ponnaganti@citrix.com> wrote:

> One of the concerns is that QA may not feel comfortable to discuss all the
> QA topics in Dev mailing list.
> Would like to attract QA community to contribute more than just testing -
> development of tools and adoption of automation.
>
> As is QA is not participating frequently and current dedicated effort is
> to accelerate that. I am not sure if that would be successful or not but I
> sense that QA is not feeling comfortable to discuss QA topics in Dev
> mailing lists. Several times QA folks are being nudged to post on dev
> mailing lists from few folks participated in 4.0 QA effort. That is why I
> thought this approach might help.
>
> Intention is not to isolate this mailing list but to keep focus and
> encourage participation.

I understand your concern, but allow me to disagree with you about one main
point, IMO this is encouraging more to like divide the ACS community, using
different mailing lists is not to categorize people or to use it as as if
we have departments in team, we use different mailing lists mainly for
better scope and some times for privacy when it matters about some aspects
that should not be discussed in public and in this case I don't see any of
these, I know you don't mean that at all I am just explaining what would
that lead at the end

Actually I would not call the QA ppl, I will call them contributors, or
persons interested to contribute to ACS development related tasks which are
of more QA nature

Actually I would better encourage them to go one the -dev list and start
spamming it with QA e-mails :D

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour