cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack Hyper V support
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:54:33 GMT
On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Donal Lafferty
<donal.lafferty@citrix.com> wrote:
> 4.2 seems too far off.  I'll have to target a first cut for 4.1.  The problem here is
how to make use of the storage plugin model that appears at the same time.

OK - please be sure to coordinate with Edison to be sure that you two
are both planning on bringing code to master at the same time.

> What was the strategy for post-shipping fixes to OVM?  (I found it hard to follow such
a long thread)

Unknown at this time.  We still don't have a clear answer on when and
how we can bring back OVM support.

> DL

to be a 4 month rolling cycle, where we integrate features into master for 2 months and then
QA for a month and a half, and then go through the release logistics at the end of the fourth
month.

> The thread (on cloudstack-dev) discussing the schedule is here:
> http://markmail.org/message/rijc347b2qcbtvlm
>
> Here's the tl;dr version:
>
> 4.1
>   Nov through Jan - Feature integration
>   Feb and March - Testing / Hardening / Wrap-up
>
> 4.2
>   April and May - Feature integration
>   June and July - Testing / Hardening / Wrap-up
>
> 4.3
>   August and September - Feature integration
>   October and November - Testing / Hardening / Wrap-up
>
> 4.4
>   Start all over in Dec
>
> Version numbers are assumed right now, since we're going to only bump the major version
# if we break backward compatibility with the CloudStack API.

> -chip

for landing new features in master for 4.1.0 is the end of January.  4.2's deadline is the
end of May.