cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][AFSCS41]Releases added to the title page of the wiki
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 18:51:04 GMT
On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
> I added a Releases headline to cwiki.  Under that headline is the 4.0 release link and
a 4.1 release link.  The 4.1 release link points to an info page where users and developers
can get information on the status of the 4.1 release.  We can add links to jir searches that
finds 4.1 bugs on this page.  The intent is to have a single starting point for users and
developers to look for information about a certain release.  We probably can refine this page
as 4.1 goes on to make it a template for future release information.

> Please comment on if this is appropriate.
>
> --Alex

Awesome.  Thanks Alex.

I'm just getting back into things after being offline, but this was on
my list to start looking at our feature planning / release tracking
process.  Robyn's talk at the collab conference gave me ideas about
how we can start to refine things a bit.  We're a bit different from
Fedora (certainly), but I like some of the model for planning and
tracking that they use.

I'll take a look at it this week, and we can start to get more
organization around the 4.1.0 plan.

I think Joe's primary planning / tracking tool for 4.0.1 has been Jira
(which, IMO, is the right thing for bug-fix only releases).

-chip