cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack Hyper V support
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 15:22:48 GMT
On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Donal Lafferty
<donal.lafferty@citrix.com> wrote:
> Does this mean 4.2.0's release is in June?

Approximately end of July (approx due to the ASF release voting
process).  It's going to be a 4 month rolling cycle, where we
integrate features into master for 2 months and then QA for a month
and a half, and then go through the release logistics at the end of
the fourth month.

The thread (on cloudstack-dev) discussing the schedule is here:
http://markmail.org/message/rijc347b2qcbtvlm

Here's the tl;dr version:

4.1
  Nov through Jan - Feature integration
  Feb and March - Testing / Hardening / Wrap-up

4.2
  April and May - Feature integration
  June and July - Testing / Hardening / Wrap-up

4.3
  August and September - Feature integration
  October and November - Testing / Hardening / Wrap-up

4.4
  Start all over in Dec

Version numbers are assumed right now, since we're going to only bump
the major version # if we break backward compatibility with the
CloudStack API.

-chip

for landing new features in master for 4.1.0 is the end of January.  4.2's deadline is the
end of May.