cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Jim L." <j...@pobox.com>
Subject Unable to build Cloudstack 4.0 with VMWare Enabled
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 19:28:19 GMT
Hi,

Following the instructions from:

Chapter 3 from the Cloudstack 4.0 Installation Guide;

https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/building-with-maven.html;

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Hypervisor+VMWare;

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cloudstack-dev/201212.mbox/%3C35F04D4C394874409D9BE4BF45AC5EA9010B2807B6B0@BANPMAILBOX01.citrite.net%3E

I attempted to build Cloudstack 4.0.0 with vmware enabled using the
following commands:

*mvn -P deps*
*mvn clean*
*mvn -P vmware install -e*

What I get is the following error:

*Failed to execute goal on project cloud-plugin-hypervisor-vmware: Could
not resolve dependencies for project
org.apache.cloudstack:cloud-plugin-hypervisor-vmware:jar:4.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
*
*
*
*Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.DependencyResolutionException: Could
not resolve dependencies for project
org.apache.cloudstack:cloud-plugin-hypervisor-vmware:jar:4.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
Failure to find
org.apache.cloudstack:cloud-vmware-base:jar:4.0.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT in
http://repository.apache.org/snapshots was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of
apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates are forced*

In my ~/.m2/repository/com/cloud/com/vmware directory, I have three files:
vmware-apputils, vmware-vim, vmware-vim25

I just want to build the vmware plug-in, because there are other problems
with using -Dnonoss involving the netapp plug-in (even though I have the
required manageontap.jar file).

Can anyone help/show me how to build Cloudstack 4.0 with vmware enabled?
This is turning out to be an incredibly frustrating exercise.

Thanks -- Jim L.