cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nitin Mehta <Nitin.Me...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Storage Allocation Error
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2012 18:44:50 GMT

On 02-Dec-2012, at 8:57 PM, Nik Martin wrote:

> On 12/01/2012 01:19 AM, Nitin Mehta wrote:
>> Nik - both the explanation do not seem completely coherent to me. Can you please
try this again and paste the snippet of logs with the issue (grep for job id like here "job-110")
?
>> Make sure you are using a disk offering with shared storage type for creating your
data disk

> This appears to be something on the management server.  This i a brand
> new re-install of cloudstack on the management server.  The storage
> volume was made up of mostly NULL columns in the storage_volumes table.
>  I deleted it from the table directory.  It seems that frequently
> commands are failing the first time, and if I re-run it, it works.  I
> just tried to create a VM from an ISO, and it failed with this error:

I would advise you against deleting an entry in the DB as it can have potential side effects
unless you do it correctly. Could you please specify why you deleted it ?

> 2012-12-02 09:16:58,658 INFO  [api.commands.DeployVMCmd]
> (Job-Executor-6:job-135)
> com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable to
> create a deployment for VM[User|i-2-25-VM]Scope=interface
> com.cloud.dc.DataCenter; id=1
> 2012-12-02 09:16:58,659 WARN  [cloud.api.ApiDispatcher]
> (Job-Executor-6:job-135) class com.cloud.api.ServerApiException : Unable
> to create a deployment for VM[User|i-2-25-VM]

Can you grep for job-135 in the logs and paste the entire snippet ? Is the ISO OS version
supported by the hypervisor ?