cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Introducing Storage Tags
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 17:41:01 GMT

> We should fix it so that it doesn't mean 'this'. :)

These are the arguments I have heard against "fixing" it.

- If you change it such that null means default, then what means don't care?
- If you're tiering storage, why wouldn't you tier the default storage?

It somewhat makes sense.  The only real problem I've seen so far is Wido's case where there's
no way to change the system offering's tags and system vms got put to premium storages but
basically in this case system offering with no tags meant default tag instead of don't care
tag.   That's a contradiction to the usage to tags so it's a problem with initialization of
tags.

--Alex