cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Boylan, James" <JAMES.BOY...@orbitz.com>
Subject RE: Review Request: CloudStack Advanced Networking Tutorial
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2012 02:07:23 GMT
Ilya -

At first glance It looks pretty good. I would remove the references to 'Translate to to the
Hypervisor of choice'. They are actually implemented somewhat differently than each other
and it can actually cause people to implement things incorrectly if, for example, someone
trying to implement KVM, tries to do it example as it is specified for vSphere. (This was
a hurdle I ran into when I stood up my KVM Cloudstack farm.)

Also in Step one, the box that I suspect is supposed to contain the command to be run is not
displaying anything.

-- James
From: Musayev, Ilya [imusayev@webmd.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:45 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Review Request: CloudStack Advanced Networking Tutorial

Please glance over and comment of what you think is wrong on this tutorial before I push it
further to general public and begin referencing people to this guide. Lots of it is my understanding
and result of trial and error.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+Advanced+Network+Tutorial+-+Step+by+Step

Thank you
-ilya