cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Donal Lafferty <donal.laffe...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: CloudStack Hyper V support
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:00:37 GMT
4.2 seems too far off.  I'll have to target a first cut for 4.1.  The problem here is how to
make use of the storage plugin model that appears at the same time.

What was the strategy for post-shipping fixes to OVM?  (I found it hard to follow such a long
thread)

DL

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: 12 December 2012 3:23 PM
To: <cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org>
Cc: Pranav Saxena
Subject: Re: CloudStack Hyper V support

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Donal Lafferty <donal.lafferty@citrix.com> wrote:
> Does this mean 4.2.0's release is in June?

Approximately end of July (approx due to the ASF release voting process).  It's going to be
a 4 month rolling cycle, where we integrate features into master for 2 months and then QA
for a month and a half, and then go through the release logistics at the end of the fourth
month.

The thread (on cloudstack-dev) discussing the schedule is here:
http://markmail.org/message/rijc347b2qcbtvlm

Here's the tl;dr version:

4.1
  Nov through Jan - Feature integration
  Feb and March - Testing / Hardening / Wrap-up

4.2
  April and May - Feature integration
  June and July - Testing / Hardening / Wrap-up

4.3
  August and September - Feature integration
  October and November - Testing / Hardening / Wrap-up

4.4
  Start all over in Dec

Version numbers are assumed right now, since we're going to only bump the major version #
if we break backward compatibility with the CloudStack API.

-chip

for landing new features in master for 4.1.0 is the end of January.  4.2's deadline is the
end of May.