cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Fuchs, Andreas (SwissTXT)" <Andreas.Fu...@swisstxt.ch>
Subject RE: Introducing Storage Tags
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 16:47:30 GMT
Ok i try to explain and have one more question

We will have two Pri Storage, let's call them:
- default
- performace

And we have already around 30 compute offerings 1 to 8 cpu's with different ammounts of ram

All compute offerings have no storage tag
I can change the tag for the primary storage

So if the default storage also has no storage tag and the performance storage has tag=performance,
will the existing compute offerings always reside on default storage and ONLY if a create
a new offering with performance tag those instances will be deployed on performance storage?

Or does a empty tag mean just put it on some storage no mather of the storage tag?

Regards
Andi

-----Original Message-----
From: Nitin Mehta [mailto:Nitin.Mehta@citrix.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 20. Dezember 2012 12:09
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Introducing Storage Tags

The API call doesn't give that flexibility as well. I think you need to create new compute
service offerings with the tags and upgrade the existing vms to these offerings (but be careful
to tag the storages in the same cluster as currently we won't migrate the vm outside the cluster).
If you want you can then delete the older offerings as well.

Why don't you try this for one of the vms and see how it goes. You can also share your exact
scenario if my answer doesn't satisfy your requirements

On 20-Dec-2012, at 4:09 PM, Pranav Saxena wrote:

> So Storage Tags is a non -editable field in the UI . Once you have created a compute
offering you can't modify the storage tag. I think but you can try using the update service
offering API call (updateServiceOffering ) to edit the update the storage tag . Obviously
you have to be the admin.

> Regards,
> Pranav

GUI I'm not able to add a storage tag to them. Do we really have to recreate all of them or
is there another way of getting the storage tag added to the existing offerings?