cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Tamas Monos <tam...@veber.co.uk>
Subject Re: Server 2012
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 23:10:56 GMT
Hi,

I have vSphere 5.1 with CS 3.0.2 and is working just fine. There might have been API changes
between 5.0 and 5.1 but it does not seem to effect my environment.

Also adding OS support for new OSes just via DB hack does not work. I've spent days on it...

Regards

Sent from my iPhone

On 10 Dec 2012, at 20:21, "Vijayendra Bhamidipati" <vijayendra.bhamidipati@citrix.com>
wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Kirk is right. The VMWare api has changed between 4.0 and 5.1 and CS will need to support
the 5.1 vi api before it can deploy win 8/2012 instances on esx. A simple db hack will not
suffice.

> Regards,
> Vijay

so I don't suggest using it until it's supported.  When support is added, Server 2012 / Windows
8 should be added to the OS Types.  I believe adding an OS Type requires a code change and
not a simple database hack.

> Best regards,
> Kirk
>
> On 12/10/2012 10:22 AM, Jonathan Bastin wrote:
>> Is there a way to hck some MySQL tables or something to list Server 2012 as Vmware
5.1 now supports it.

>> Regards,
>>

>> Jonathan Bastin

This email (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipient(s) named above.
It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise
used by any other person. If you are not the named recipient please contact the sender and
delete the email from your system. The author's incumbent expressions, views and thoughts
are their own and not necessarily representative of those of the Peer Point Internet Ltd or
associated companies.