cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Trevor Francis <tre...@46labs.com>
Subject Re: Problem with bridge
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2012 18:21:21 GMT
Alesky,

Are these bridges created over a single interface or bonded interface, or are these spread
across multiple bonded interfaces on multiple switches.

As Anthony pointed out, VLANs are usually the culprit for "many a bridge issue."

Are you running a VLAN aware switch? If so, are the VLANs setup on the switch for those switch
ports? Are they setup from the host you are attempting to ping from?

Typically you may need to set the default VLAN on your Internet port on your switch to the
VLAN that your internet interface is attempting to use.

Also, I would recommend tagging your VLANs.

Trevor Francis
Partner
46 Labs | PeerEdge Cloud Switch (PeCS)
http://www.46labs.com | http://www.peeredge.net
720-214-3643- Voice
trevor@46labs.com

Solutions Provider for the Telecom Industry

On Dec 15, 2012, at 12:14 PM, Aleksey Samarin <nrg3tik@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thx for reply!
>
> Of course! Problem only with inetbr0, another bridges works fine.
>
> To be sure:
>
> cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
> 1
>
> cat /etc/sysctl.conf | grep ipv4.ip_forward
> net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
>
> Yes, I had a problem with sistemvm.iso, but here only the network problem.
>
> Alex.
>

> 2012/12/15 Trevor Francis <trevor@46labs.com>
> Have you set the KVM traffic labels within Cloudstack when you spun up your zone?
>
> Do you have IPV4 forwarding on?
>

> cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
> If not, turn it on, and make it permanent by:
> sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
> /etc/sysctl.conf:
> net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
> I also had problems with system ISOs because the latest incubating for Ubuntu (this may
have already been fixed) does not include the system VM ISOs when you do a apt-get install
cloud-agent. If you did a source install, it may be different.